Tuesday 27 August 2013

Keith - Room For Manoeuvre


Its 1943 and life in Nazi occupied Europe is grim. I know, because I’m running and trying to reach Gibraltar. Not when I sit down at the PC and get into ‘the zone’, or have an hour’s window to scribble out a chapter. That doesn't work for me - I wish it did. I have to absorb myself into the fabric of that world and the memories of ordinary people, who did extraordinary things.

This is at the heart of my goals and why some long term targets are not too distant from the short term ones. They should all be challenging, realistic and achievable and part of an overall plan that works. Life can still get in the way, even in 1943, so there must be room for manoeuvre. Nailing your colours to the mast on this kind of challenge is no bad thing. I’m up and running.

Long Term Goals

  • Submit manuscript, synopsis and letter of introduction to literary agents.
  • Publish my book
  • The Escape Line blog link to reach 30,000 hits by 31 December 2013
  • Win prizes in Flash Fiction Writing Competitions

Short Term Goals

  • Draw up a timetable and targets for short term goals (September-December 2013) by 31 August 2013.
  • Complete manuscript by 31 October 2013.
  • Submit to agent with accompanying letters by 30 November 2013
  • Continue to blog weekly
  • Enter 2 Flash Fiction competitions by 31 December 2013
  • Write 2 Flash Fiction pieces a month

Keith Morley

No comments:

Post a Comment