Tuesday 31 December 2013

Leah - December (and 2013) Round Up and A Motivational Message


Good evening everyone! I hope you’re all well and that December has been as good to you as it has been to me. I’ve had a lovely time; good food, family, drink, presents and only the briefest touch of sickness. All in all, it’s been lovely.

I suppose you’re curious about what I’ve been up to?

Well… if I look at the things I wanted to achieve this month:

  • Complete, to satisfactory standard my anthology short story
  • Finish all my transcripts
  • Earn at least £100 by way of paid writing (probably goes hand in hand with my transcripts)
  • Enter at least one short story competition
  • Reassess Slippers & Chains and figure out where I need to be (editing)
  • Start draft of next ‘Meeting Each Other’ story (Bill)

 …I can tell you honestly and truly that I’ve done it all. I’m so pleased! Not without my fair share of sweating, crying and head-desking, but it’s all done. And that puts me in good stead for 2014.

But first… I’d like to talk about 2013 as a whole.

It’s been a mad year for me. The second year of my boys’ lives and the first year I’ve been out of full time work since leaving university. It has been full of good times, bad times, scary times and angry times, but as I look back there is so much for me to be pleased about. And proud of.

First... the highlights:
Achievements of 2013 as spikey bubbles
Just a quick run down...

Wonderful! More than anything this proves to me that with good planning and persistence anybody can do anything. And that counts for all of you too.

I’m going to talk more about 2014 in my own blog, so this is more of a motivational message for you. You can do what you set out to do. You can carve out time, make a little space and work towards your goals. You just have to make sure that the goals are a true reflection of what you want and sensible when placed against your own personal circumstances. 
Unrealistic goals thought bubble
Words of wisdom... from my brain to your screen! :p

That’s different for everyone; I can’t advise you on that. But I can tell you that by taking the time to decide fully what you want and lay it out in a manner you understand (bullet points, mind maps, pictures or audio recordings, whatever!) you can make it happen.

That’s my message for you at the end of this glorious year; go out there, make it happen. You can do it. I know you can and I believe in you.

All that remains to say now is...
Happy new year banner from OpenClipArt.com
Credit: bdtiger2000 at OpenClipArt.com

Peace. x

No comments:

Post a Comment