Wednesday 23 October 2013

Everest Awaits

  
One success this pretty non-productive month has been finally receiving the anthology to feature one of my poems. This makes it three
Third Anthology-just out. Have One poem in it !
anthologies so far...sent them a chaser email and it magically arrived by the next post.....This poem was a departure for me as it didn't rhyme and was focussed upon imagery. I might try some more poems in this vein. Ultimately I would like to have a whole anthology of some of my work but that is to come. I might construct an ebook and see how that goes down.   Apart from this book, I have this month sent three poems off to a National poetry competition, but I am aware that this is a poor showing and I must try harder. I was encouraged by the others in the group who have been very good in submitting this month.
As far as my proposed novel is concerned I have done very little to it apart from more work on the chapter planning and character notes.
I feel I am at the foot of Everest and just need to get to base camp.....sometimes it all seems out of my reach and why am I even attempting this, but then why not ?! There is a famous saying that the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Just making that step is important. I need to stop procrastinating and just 'do it'......
My goals next are to submit much more flash fiction and gauge the reaction and to begin writing the 'novel'. I know that once I start writing I shall be away but I do need to plan it.
Will keep you informed of how Sherpa Tensing and I are getting on.........

                                                                           
Helen



No comments:

Post a Comment