|Okay... moodier than this one...|
I have achieved a lot this month. Let there be no mistake about that. Despite that, I have not completed everything on the list.
But it doesn't matter!
This month I have:
- Certainly earned monies fitting with my £50 per month goal.
- Completed a short story draft (the next in the Meeting Each Other Series) and am about a fortnight away from sending it to my editor
- Readied myself to publish 'Vicki & Lara' through self publishing means
- Not gone crazy
So... coming up we have October and these are the things I would like to do by 31 October:
- Hit 'GO' on Vicki & Lara
- Be ready to tackle NaNoWriMo 2013
- Have secured another £100 of earnings
- Decide what I'm really going to do about Silk Over Razor Blades (fiddle? rewrite? query?) and put it aside or get to work
Now these goals are less SMART that the last ones I wrote, but I've been setting myself weekly targets on my own blog so that is the SMART aspect. I've broken the long term goals down into short ones, then the short ones into even shorter. This way I'm actually getting things done. It's a nice feeling.
An important part of goal setting is also setting appropriate rewards. I've not thought about that perhaps as much as I should, just because I tend to reward/treat/bribe myself whenever I feel like I'm going to fall to bits if I don't get a nice treat. If I don't, things like this happens:
|I did cry by the way. Just a little bit. The single tear, y'know? Very Hollywood.|
But I'm actually going to do it. ^_^
How are you guys getting on? Hope you've got some good things to tell me!